1. A brand new training school for the WWE, the Performance Center, opened in Orlando, Fla., in July.
2. It’s where WWE fighters learn their moves.
3. And stay in shape.
4. And of course, craft their “wrestling persona.”
5. The $2.5 million, 26,000-square-foot facility is WWE’s largest investment to date.
6. It replaces an older facility located in Tampa that was a much smaller warehouse with no air conditioning.
7. More than 75 aspiring wrestlers will train there, like Corey Graves, right. “Most kids grow up and at least at some point in their lives want to be a fireman or a cop. I’ve always wanted to be a pro wrestler since I was a little kid,” he said.
8. According to the Associated Press:
Aspiring wrestlers currently in training range from former NFL players and Olympians to a former beauty pageant contestant. They signed contracts allowing them to work solely on becoming wrestlers … Those who succeed will advance to WWE’s “Raw” and “Smackdown” television broadcasts, as well as to pay-per-view shows, like “WrestleMania.”